More Information About Obesity and Weight Loss Surgery
Myths and Misconceptions
There’s a lot of confusing information out there. Some of it is out of date or just plain wrong. For straight answers from the experts, click here.
From lower back pain to life-threatening heart disease, there are many secondary health problems associated with obesity. The good news is that weight loss can alleviate or completely solve many of these health problems. For more information, read these descriptions of the health benefits of weight loss surgery.
Dr. Shawn Tsuda shows you first hand the Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy as performed in October 2018. Also, Dr. Atkinson, one of the nation’s foremost bariatric surgeons, has put together a comprehensive video series about obesity and the weight loss surgery options available. Click the links below to access this great content.
- Video of Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy with Dr. Shawn Tsuda
- Video #1: Dr. Atkinson discusses obesity surgery, trends in obesity, causes of obesity and weight.
- Video #2: Dr. Atkinson discusses BMI, obesity as a disease and medical problems associated with obesity.
- Video #3: Dr. Atkinson discusses the importance of diet and exercise and the Gastric Sleeve.
- Video #4: Dr. Atkinson discusses the Gastric Band.
- Video #5: Dr. Atkinson discusses the Gastric Bypass.
- Video #6: Dr. Atkinson discusses weight loss surgery results and its resolution of medical problems.
- Video #7: Dr. Atkinson discusses potential problems with weight loss surgery.
- Video #8: Dr. Atkinson discusses diet requirements for surgery, post-op medications and supplements, nutrition and the importance of the post-op diet.
- Video #9: Dr. Atkinson discusses reasons for the weight loss after surgery, snacking after surgery, and foods to avoid.
- Video #10: Dr. Atkinson answers some common questions after surgery.
- Video #11: Dr. Atkinson discusses insurance company requirements, pregnancy and the resolution of infertility, and addiction.